Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WHAT'S in the BUCKLEBURY'S STUDIO?

To kick things off here on the new Bucklebury's blog I wanted to show you how we organize our buttons. We use buttons constantly for various items that we offer in our Etsy store. It's been a bit of a challenge to figure out the best way to deal with them especially when my partner in crime orders them off ebay by the gallon jar. Then one night I have an epiphany. That's usually when I have them. 

Old soda crates.


 They have great patina and look like they've made hundreds of trips to the soda fountain.


I found two at a local haunt of mine, the flea market. Otherwise referred to as "Linda's".


I called up a friend of mine that has a child of baby food eating years and asked her to save her baby food jars for me.


Then Rachael filled those bad boys up with buttons. She loves to sort them.



Those two crates fit perfectly along the wall of our desk where we keep the sewing machine. I felt instantly organized. It was like magic...sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment